“Put a lime in the coconut and drink ’em bot’ together
Put the lime in the coconut, then you’ll feel better…” Harry Nilsson (Listen HERE)
Who says you can’t have soup in the summer? This amazing Thai-inspired summer masterpiece is a wonderfully delicious way to enjoy soup all year round – no matter how hot or humid it is! Being that Thailand is sweltering hot even in the winter, it makes perfect sense!
And I love that in incorporates the gut-healing health benefits of my bone broth! Not to mention fresh herbs, coconut milk, and essential oils! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking, but try it my way first. You will NOT be sorry!
- 1-2 C. meat – Options: Shredded free-range chicken, wild-caught shrimp, or wild-caught salmon
- 3 quarts chicken bone broth
- 1 white onion, chopped (or 5-6 shallots)
- 2-3 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ C. celery, sliced
- 2 large chopped kale leaves or spinach (don’t forget to remove and discard the stem)
- 1-2 tomatoes, blanched, peeled, and diced
- 1 T. fresh, grated ginger (or a few drops Young Living ginger essential oil)
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1-2 cans full fat unsweetened coconut milk (if your bone broth is super concentrated, use 2)
- ½-3/4 C. fresh squeezed lime juice (try not to use bottled)
- 2-3 T. coconut oil
- 1-2 T. Coconut cream concentrate – Tropical Traditions (optional, but adds more coconut flavor)
- 2-3 drops Young Living lime essential oil
- 2 drops Young Living Lemongrass
- 2-3 T. Red Curry Paste (Thai Kitchen)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- Cayenne (to taste)
Other Optional Additions:
- 1-2 C. chopped broccoli florets
- ½ C. chopped or sliced mushrooms
- Fish Sauce (for chicken option)
- jalapenos or other favorite peppers
- Fresh Lemongrass, sliced on a bias in two-inch slices
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh basil leaves
Sautee’ onion and garlic in turmeric and coconut oil (if you’re adding mushrooms, add them now). Add broth and simmer at medium/high heat. Whisk in coconut milk and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, green onion, and other herbs. Simmer covered on medium/low for 30 minutes. Stir in green onion and half the cilantro.
Serve topped with chopped avocado, remaining cilantro, and other fresh herbs.
- Daily packet of Young Living’s Master Formula multivitamin
- EssentialZyme 4 (enzymes) – take with first bite of food
- Wine glass full of NingXia Red or NingXia Zyng! Cheers!
Be sure to sing this song at the top of your lungs while you prepare this dish, and enjoy the weird looks from your children…
To get started using therapeutic grade essential oils with your family, I recommend purchasing Young Living’s amazing Premium Starter Kit! This way, you’ll enjoy wholesale prices all the time! It includes eleven of Young Living’s most popular essential oil singles and blends, a valuable ultrasonic diffuser (alone worth at least $100.00!), essential oil samples for sharing, and 2 NingXia Red antioxidant drinks!
In addition, when you choose any of Young Living’s Premium Starter Kits, I will personally send you a WELCOME PACKAGE filled with all sorts of helpful and valuable resource materials and goodies! I am here to support you on your essential oil journey! Get started now!
By the way, I am not a doctor – just a mom who uses essential oils in her own family. Please know that any information provided on The Common Scents Mom is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. The statements made have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.