This Valentine’s Day, why not make a batch of these melt-in-your mouth chocolate truffles for someone you love? Modify the details to your hearts desire. You could add chopped pecans, almonds, or macadamia nuts. You could replace the Therapeutic Grade Peppermint oil with Therapeutic Grade Orange oil and make Orange Dreamsicle White Chocolate Truffles instead. Be creative!
Note: Never ingest low quality essential oils internally. I only recommend Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils because I trust their purity.
This may also be a fun project to do with children! What child doesn’t love slathering his fingers in chocolate to make little balls of heavenly sweetness?
My friend, Tonya Chapa, from whom I originally got the basis for this recipe, told me that as she was making it, and her hands were completely covered in chocolate, her little girl watched her with great interest. Finally, with a very serious expression, she asked, “Mommy may I lick your fingers?” What a smart girl!
Luscious Mint Chocolate Truffles
- 8 oz, weight (up to 9 oz) good quality semisweet chocolate
- 8 oz, weight (up to 9 oz) good quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (I know, I know)
- 1-2 drops of Therapeutics Grade Peppermint Essential Oil (orange can be used for Dreamsicle version)
- 8 oz. weight melt-able milk chocolate (I use those melting candies) (for Dreamsicle recipe, use melt-able white chocolate)
- Heat dark chocolates and condensed milk in a double boiler over medium low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir. Mixture will have a slight marshmallow texture.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, add essential oils, cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Once chilled, roll mixture into balls. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Then dip in melted milk chocolate coating and sprinkle immediately with crushed peppermint candies or orange zest (for Dreamsicle recipe). [Proceed with this step one at a time or else the chocolate will get hard and nothing will stick to it) The toppings are optional, but sure make a pretty display.
To get started using therapeutic grade essential oils with your family, I recommend purchasing Young Living’s amazing Premium Starter Kit! This way, you’ll enjoy wholesale prices all the time! It includes eleven of Young Living’s most popular essential oil singles and blends, a valuable ultrasonic diffuser (alone worth at least $100.00!), essential oil samples for sharing, and 2 NingXia Red antioxidant drinks!
In addition, when you choose any of Young Living’s Premium Starter Kits, I will personally send you a WELCOME PACKAGE filled with all sorts of helpful and valuable resource materials and goodies! I am here to support you on your essential oil journey! Get started now!
By the way, I am not a doctor – just a mom who uses essential oils in her own family. Please know that any information provided on The Common Scents Mom is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. The statements made have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.