This stuff is amazing! To be honest, I wasn’t sure how it would taste, but I was so thrilled to find that it was absolutely delicious! It was fruity, tart, and thirst quenching, without that syrupy texture that most “cool-aids” have. It was easy, inexpensive, colorful, and healthy! And my kids LOVE it! I love my Young Living Oils!
Most of us grew up on “Kool Aid,” the powdered drink concoction loaded with artificial food dyes and either processed white sugar (which contains the preservative BHA, a known human carcinogen) or the artificial sweetener aspartame (described by Dr. Mercola as “one of the most dangerous substances added to food today).
Thanks, I’ll stick to my homemade version. It tastes a ton better anyway!
Essential Oil Cool Aid!*
- 8-10 fruity tea bags*
- 4 C. hot water
- 3 quarts of ice and cold water
- 1/2-1 C. agave (you could use whatever form of sweetener you prefer)
- 4 T. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2-1 C. NingXia Red (optional)
- 10-15 drops Young Living Therapeutic Grade Tangerine Essential oil**
* Republic of Tea (Spring Cherry or Kids Cuppa) is good. Another favorite is Blueberry Merlot from Tea Forte‘. Any fruit tea will work, but I’m going to try Tazo’s Passion Tea next!
** I would never feel comfortable using others brands of essential oils internally. Young Living’s Tangerine oil is approved for internal use.
Steep tea bags in hot water. Mix agave, vinegar, and essential oils together. Add to tea mixture. Pour into gallon sized container, and add ice and cool water. Take a bow and serve to your adoring fans!