15 Things to Know When You First Begin Using Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils…
- YL oils labeled as “supplements” can be used internally. Click HERE to read what “therapeutic grade” means and why it’s so important.
- If you ever need to dilute an essential oil because of sensitive skin, and you don’t have a carrier oil available (almond oil, olive oil, jojoba oil etc.), do not use water; use anything that contains fat, such as full fat yogurt, butter, full fat milk or cream, or any sort of fatty oil. It’s the ‘fat’ that dilutes your essential oils. You could even use coconut milk!
- If you ever get essential oils in your eyes, do not rinse with water. Use milk or cream, which works immediately! Then rinse the milk away with water. You may also use a plain vegetable oil, but it is messier.
- If Frankincense was precious to Jesus, it should be precious to us too! If it was the only oil I could have, this would be it.
- “Neat” means undiluted.
- Citrus essential oils can make skin photosensitive.
- Certain essential oils are considered “spicy,” which means most people will want to dilute with a carrier oil before using it on the skin: Wintergreen, Patchouli, Balsam Fir, Cypress, Galbanum, Pine, Ravensara.Also: Ocotea, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Oregano, Thyme, Black Pepper, Mountain Savory, Nutmeg, Marjoram, and Coriander.*
- Diffuse essential oils with a cold-air diffuser, so that you don’t destroy the precious constituents with heat.
- The Essential Rewards program is THE most cost effective way to earn points for free oils and build your health and wellness stash.
- Good “carrier oils” are: sweet almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil. Young Living makes a good, easy to use blend called V6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Peace and Calming blend is the very best oil blend for little ones (and big ones) who need to rest!
- How to afford essential oils!
- Mixing essential oils with sea salt or Epsom Salt prior to adding them to your bath water helps the essential oil to stay evenly dispersed in the water (instead of floating on top).
- There are approximately 250 drops in a 15 ml bottle of essential oil.
- Hide the peppermint oil from your husband or he’ll use it all!
** These oils are labeled for dietary use.