The essential oils mentioned in this post refer only to pure Young Living essential oils. Click HERE to learn why it’s important to always use the highest quality oils on or in your body.
Soothing Mama Bath Soak
1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
4-5 drops Geranium
2 drops Lavender
1 drops Cypress
1 drop Juniper
1 drop frankincense
For a deep-water soak, double or triple this recipe.
Smooth Mama Comfort Blend (blend together and put in a roller bottle)
10 drops Geranium
4 drops Lavender
2 drop Cypress
2 drops Juniper
2 drop frankincense
fill with carrier oil (optional)
Multiply and/or dilute as necessary.
When using on the bum area after natural childbirth (where there’s been a whole lot of pushing going on), to me, it was soothing to apply it neat (undiluted, without a carrier oil); but my friend said “neat” was way too intense for her. So, try it diluted in a few tablespoons of coconut or jojoba oil the first time.
Other ways to be kind to your leg during pregnancy:
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Mild exercise (walking, swimming, stretching)
- Put your feet up at night!
- Don’t sit cross-legged or block circulation.
- Wear loose, comfortable pants or shoes and avoid socks or tight clothing
- Use compression hose
- Try to avoid long car or plane rides. If traveling during pregnancy is a necessity, make sure you stand up frequently and stretch your legs, moving your ankles in a circular motion as often as possible.