Remember Fire Sticks? They were cinnamon toothpicks we weren’t allowed to take to school because someone might “get hurt.” Of course, that made them all the more precious!
Soaked in fiery cinnamon essential oil, sucking on one of these babies is kind of like eating red hots, but without all the chemicals and nasty dyes.
The first time I ever made these, I asked my daughter, Jessica, if she wanted to try one. She looked at me with a blank stare, “You want me to ‘try’ a toothpick?”
“Well, I don’t want you to take a bite out of it, if that’s what you mean!”
She put one in her mouth and looked a little surprised. “That’s really good!”
How have my children gotten through life without ever having tried a Fire Stick? How about you? Would you like to make a batch? Share the love!
- 100 Wooden toothpicks Plain, round
- 15-20 drops Young Living Vitality Cinnamon essential oil
- 2 Tbs Vodka or Pure Vanilla Extract (not imitation)
- 1 drop Liquid Stevia or Young Living Vitality Drops (optional)
- 1 Glass jar
- Combine stevia, vodka, and essential oils in a small bowl or jar.
- Immerse wooden toothpicks in filled jar.
- Soak for 24-48 hours.
- Drain and let set out until completely dry.
- Store in glass storage bottle. Essential oil-based products are best stored in glass. But, when I give these as gifts, I like to put them in mini paper envelopes or muslin drawstring bags (found at craft stores). You could also use glass test tubes with corks, which are super cute. Enjoy!