I have been known to be a little paranoid about “choking hazards,” so I’ve never been a fan of throat lozenges, especially for children. That’s why this throat spray is my favorite! And it can be used as needed throughout the day or night. I love that!
Are you in choir? This spray is also great to help clear the throat before singing!
Soothing Throat Spray*
- 1/4 oz. Grain Alcohol (Vodka) or Young Living (YL) Mouthwash
- 1 1/2 oz. Purified Water (omit if using mouthwash)
- 10 drops YL Thieves Vitality Essential Oil Blend
- 5 drops Young Living Vitality Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Young Living Vitality Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Stevia or 1-2 tsp. Manuka honey
- 2 oz. glass spray bottle
Blend together and store in a 2 oz. dark glass spray bottle (available HERE). Spray 1-2 squirts on the back of the throat for soothing relief.
*I only recommend using Young Living Essential Oils in this recipe, since they are pure enough to be ingested, and because lower quality oils may actually be toxic.