- 18 boiled eggs (preferably free-range)
- 1 C. homemade mayo (bottled often uses “bad oils,” so use my recipe HERE)
- 1 T. organic dijon mustard
- 1 avocado
- 2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon (reconstitute in the lemon juice first)
- Himalayan sea salt
- White pepper
- 2 drops Young Living lemon essential oil*
- 2 drops Young Living black pepper essential oil
- Capers and/or chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- wild caught smoke trout or salmon
- Powdered sumac**
Boil the eggs or use an InstantPot to steam them, so they’re super easy to peel (learn how HERE!). Peel, slice in half, and place yolk in a separate bowl.
Mix together yolk, homemade mayo, mustard, avocado, fresh lemon juice and tarragon combo, Himalayan sea salt, white pepper, and essential oils.
Fill each egg half with the mixture, top with 3 capers each, and sprinkle all eggs with Himalayan sea salt and powdered sumac.*
A small piece of smoked fish can be placed inside the egg either underneath the yoke mixture or on top as part of the garnish.
Great served for breakfast, lunch, as a snack, or as an appetizers!
*I only recommend using Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils in any recipe, as lower quality oils can be toxic.
**Sumac is a delicious spice that often graces the tables of Middle Eastern families the way salt and pepper does in America. It has a slightly tart/sour flavor and is especially good sprinkled on meat, eggs, and rice.
Serve with sliced avocado and fresh grapefruit!