Last night, my husband grilled the most amazing steaks! And what goes better with steaks than a fresh salad? This healthy choice is loaded with protein, tart flavor, a splash of citrus zing , and the perfect amount of fresh crunch! You’ll want to add this family favorite of ours to your summer line up!
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa (makes approximately 6 C. cooked quinoa)
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- 8 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 12 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion (sliced small and thin)
- 12-15 small, crunchy cucumbers (chop as desired)
- 8 radishes, cut in half and sliced
- 1 bundle fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 C. feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 C. kalamata olives drained
- ½ C. capers
- 3 drops Young Living Black Pepper Vitality essential oil*
- 3 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality essential oil*
- 6 drops Young Living Basil Vitality essential oil*
Cook quinoa and cool completely before tossing with veggies and cheese. Mix essential oils into the olive oil and lemon juice by shaking together in a mason jar.
*I only recommend using Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils in this recipe, since they are pure enough to be ingested, and lower quality oils may be toxic.