I adore making gift baskets! Mostly because I think it’s more fun and interesting to open all sorts of unique little surprises within a big basket than to open one big gift all at once! I love to watch while someone takes their time exploring each homemade item!
And, regardless, when a gift is homemade, it just seems so…well, so special. Probably because the gift receiver knows that time and heart went into the gift. It’s a form of artistry that communicates love and effort.
So, whether you’re giving a single, small gift item wrapped in a pretty bow as a hostess or thank you gift, or you are giving a more elaborate themed gift basket overflowing with all sorts of interesting aromatic treasures, you will have a blast exploring the recipes and ideas in this post!
With a little creativity and effort, you can make even the simplest of gifts into something unique and memorable!
Most people get overwhelmed when they think about making a gift basket. That can be fixed by organizing your thoughts. I’m here to help you do that. I’ll give you some ideas for gift basket themes; and I’ll also help you with ideas for what to put inside your baskets. I’ll even link to the recipes for making them!
I haven’t posted links to all of the recipes yet, so keep checking back! But you have quite a few here to get you started! I’ll also give you suggestions for what to put into “each” gift basket! So continue to watch for upcoming posts!
Organize your thoughts!
1. Choose a theme
2. Select the DIY projects you want to make for your basket
3. Fill in the gifty-gaps by selecting fun, small, “stocking stuffer” items (not just for Christmas!). Check the dollar store or the dollar section of Target. You could even stock up during the year at garage sales and thrift markets.
4. Choose your packaging – go wild! Presentation is everything!
1. Choose a theme:
- Mommy Spa Basket
- Christmas Spice Basket
- Therapy Basket
- New Mommy Baby Basket
- Fun Kid Basket
- Wedding Day Basket
- Honeymoon Basket
- Bath Basket
- Beauty Basket
- Hostess Basket
- Gentleman’s Basket
- Citrus Basket
- Hospital Visit Basket
- Relaxation Basket
- Cheer-Me-Up Basket
- New Home Basket
- Winter Comfort Basket
- Kitchen Foodie Basket
- Manly-Man Workout Basket
- Fit Mama Workout Basket
Click HERE to find your bottles and supplies for making beautiful, creative gifts!
And click HERE to find a fun and beautiful selection of labels for your DIY creations!
You can find dried botanicals HERE.
2. Select DIY Projects:
The links below will be made “live” as the recipes are completed. Please be sure to check back often to find out what new recipes have been added!
- Lemon Thyme Soothing Throat Infusion
- Aroma-Therapy Dough
- Throat spray
- Sweet Breath Spray
- Dragon Breath spray
- Hand and Foot Balm
- Body butter
- Hydrating Beauty Mist
- Room spray
- Pillow spray
- Baby powder
- Body Powder
- Hand Purifier
- Kissy Lip Balm
- Chocolate Mint Winter Lip Balm
- Stick Deodorant
- Spray Deodorant
- Sugar Dust
- Cinnamon Toothpicks
- Roll-on lip gloss
- Diaper Cream
- Stinky Kid Spray
- Moisturizing Winter Bath Soak
- Infused chocolate truffles
- Peppermint Patties
- Scented Stationary
- Sink or Tub Scrub
- Aromatic Roasted Pecans
- Baby Wash with Bubble Wand
- Homemade Beeswax Candles
- Mediterranean Nights Bath Soak
- Winter Wonder Balm
- Teething Oil
- Lavender Dryer Sheets
- Sleepy Time Foot Massage
- Eye Make Up Remover
- Soothing Tub Tea
- Gentle Baby Bathtub Tea
- Peppermint Foot Soak
- Moisturizing Cuticle Oil
- Nourishing Rosemary Scalp Spray
- Chocolate Mint Power Sprinkle
- Essential Oil-Infused Honey Collection
- Gourmet Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oils
- Bath Fizzies
3. Choose Stocking Stuffer Items to Fill in the Gifty-Gaps
You can collect some of these items when they’re on clearance during the year or from garage sales or thrift markets.
- Warm, Non-Skid Socks (great for the Hospital or Beauty Basket)
- Sleeping Mask
- YL Makeup Mask
- NingXia Red Singles
- NingXia Nitro
- NingXia Zyng
- Oil Diffuser Necklace or bracelet
- Antique glasses, mugs, or wine stems
- Booties, Rattles, Rolled up cloth diapers, Decorative Burp Clothes (Baby Basket)
- Hair Accessories
- Dish cloths, Kitchen Towels, Measuring Spoon
- Thieves Dish Soap
- Thieves Cleaner Packets
- Aroma Rings
- Books, Cookbooks, Poetry
- Silk Pillow Case
- ART Beauty Mask
- Wooden Bath Tools
- Rubber Duck
- Sparkling Water
- Glass Water Bottle (good for drinking EO-infused water
- Decorative Kleenex Box
- Young Living Soaps (can cut them into small guest soaps)
- Car Diffuser w/ 5 ml bottle of oil
- Dried Flower Bouquet tied with raffia
- Fun Sign or picture frame
- Tea Bags (consider making your own!)
- Pretty Tea Cup and spoon (check garage sales and flea markets)
- Shaving or Nail Grooming Sets w/ Young Living shave oil/creams
- 5 ml bottles of Young Living essential oils
- Homemade Scented Flower Pen
- Cool Azul
- Massage Accessories and Oils
- Protein Complete placed in one-serving bags and tied with ribbon
- 2 oz. Thieves Toothpaste w/ wooden toothbrush
You can fill in the “holes” with Crinkled brown paper, tissue paper, whole pecans or other nuts, stringed beads, or pine needles.
Choose theme-appropriate bows, feathers, beads, candy, ornaments, cards, wrapping, or other decorations.
Finish it off by sprinkling a few bay leaves, dried rose buds, rosemary sprigs, chamomile flowers, lavender buds, baby pine cones, or other dried botanicals into the mix for a truly “organic” look.
Remember, not only can this be a money-saving gift idea, but people love getting baskets filled with interesting goodies that have been personalized and hand-crafted just for them!
If you’re looking for items to fill your baskets, check out my store! Spend 100 pv or more OR subscribe to get something every 1-3 months and receive a 24% discount on your whole order!